The Children and Young People's Workforce Diploma
This qualification is intended to guide and assess development of knowledge and skills relating to early learning and childcare, social care and the learning development and support services workforces. The qualification
confirms competence in these areas where appropriate and serves as the required qualification (for all new practitioners) for registration and regulatory requirements in the sector.
- be free from any barriers that restrict access and progression
- ensure equality of opportunity for all wishing to access the qualifications.
- The Pearson Edexcel Level 3 Diploma in childrens and young peoples workforce is made up of 11 mandatory units.
- Understand Child and Young Person Development (4 credits)
- Promote Child and Young Person Development (3 credits)
- Understand How to Safeguard the Well being of Children and Young People (3 credits) Support Children and Young People's Health and Safety (2 credits)
- Develop Positive Relationships with Children, Young People and Others Involved in Their Care (1 credit)
- Working Together for the Benefit of Children and Young People (2 credits)
- Understand How to Support Positive Outcomes for Children and Young People (3 credits)
- Promote Communication in Health, Social Care or Children’s and Young People’s Settings (3 credits)
- Engage in Personal Development in Health, Social Care or Children’s and Young People’s Settings (3 credits)
- Promote Equality and Inclusion in Health, Social Care or Children’s and Young People’s Settings (2 credits)
- Principles for Implementing Duty of Care in Health, Social Care or Children’s and Young People’s Settings (1 credit)
You can usually complete the course within 1 year.
The Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce (QCF) is aimed at learners who are 16+.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification but we carry out initial assessments of each learner prior to the start of the course to make certain they are entered for an appropriate type and level of qualification.
Experience within the childcare sector or a level 2 childcare qualification is not essential but would be an advantage for learners who would like to take this course.
- Home(UK) students:
- International students:
[Clic here to download the course sheet]