This programme of study, which is highly regarded by employers and academic institutions, provides the opportunity for students with or without experience to develop a broad knowledge of business. It is ideal for anyone at the beginning of their career or looking to improve their qualifications or career prospects.
Students who successfully complete the Pearson BTEC Level 4 HNC certificate in Business will (subject to interview) be able to top up to a Pearson BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma in Business, enabling achievement of the Pearson BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma in Business within a two-year period.
Successful completion of the Pearson BTEC Level 4 HNC certificate in Business also provides the opportunity for a wide range of other academic programmes including progression to honours degree (Level 7) programmes in Business.
Qualification credit value: a minimum of 120 credits. This is made up of eight units, each with a value of 15 credits.
There is a required mix of core and optional units totaling 120 credits.
1. Business and the Business Environment (15 credits)
2. Marketing Essentials (15 credits)
3. Human Resource Management (15 credits)
4. Management and Operations (15 credits)
5. Management Accounting (15 credits)
6. Managing a Successful Business Project (15 credits)
7. Business Law (15 credits)
8. Innovation and Commercialization (15 credits)
9. Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management (15 credits)
10. Financial Accounting (15 credits)
Total course hours: 1200 hours
Total Guided learning hours: 480
Total Lesson time per week: 6 hours accross 3 days
Full course duration: 1 and a half years maximum to complete
For learners who have recently been in education, the entry profile is likely to include two of the following:
English Level IELTS 5.0 band with a minimum of 4.5 being awarded on individual sections (compulsory)
An AVCE/GNVQ in an appropriate vocational area
A BTEC National Certificate or Diploma in Business Studies
Advanced level GCSE in one or more subjects
Other related level 3 qualifications
An Access to Higher Education Certificate